A Better Choice than Foam for Sound Absorption
Why Choose eco-C-tex® Over Studio Foam for Sound Absorption?
Traditionally, improving sound in a studio - or any room where quality sound is important - meant installing acoustical foam products. With innovative eco-friendly materials such as our eco-C-tex, using studio foam for sound absorption is no longer necessary or even recommended. If you have been looking for foam for sound absorption, what you actually want is a product that will improve the acoustics of your room.
Audimute is recognized in the acoustics industry as a leader in “green” acoustics. Made from a blend of cotton and cellulose, eco-C-tex is the GREENEST acoustical absorption material on the market and offers a more eco-friendly option than traditional foam panels or fiberglass panels without sacrificing performance. By converting recycled paper into cellulose fibers, the main component in eco-C-tex, paper is kept out of landfills where it has the potential to pollute the environment. In addition, the eco-C-tex manufacturing process is eco-friendly, using only 1/10 of the energy required to produce fiberglass and 1/40 of the energy used to create foam.
Audimute’s environmentally engineered and health safe acoustic panels will perform as well or better that studio foam for sound absorption.
- Performance: Audimute’s Acoustic Panels are exceptionally well suited for absorbing mid- and high frequencies (check out our sound lab report)
- Installation: For Gallery Wrapped Acoustic Panels, our panel clip and corner mount installation hardware can save you up to 50% in time and materials without permanently damaging your walls (they hang much like pictures hang) compared to the adhesives need to permanently install studio foam. Hang tabs or mounting adhesive is recommended for Fabric Wrapped and AcoustiColor® Panels.
- Durability: Audimute’s panels are made from stable natural and recycled materials and will not deteriorate. Foam for sound absorption, however, often ages poorly and the outer surface of the panels will harden, crack, and turn to dust. Colored foam products will discolor quickly as they are exposed to oxygen and ultraviolet rays.
- Aesthetics: For studios where design is an issue, Audimute’s acoustical panels are the clear solution. Available in a wide variety of colors and sizes, including custom options and art panels, our panels offer a design driven solution that is acoustically functional. On the other hand, studio foam—even colored—just looks like foam.
- Environmental Benefits: All of Audimute’s acoustical products are made from natural and recycled materials, designed with environmental consciousness as well as performance in mind. Choosing our products over studio foam and even other acoustical panels and sheets benefits your studio and the environment.
Incorporating natural and recycled materials into almost every component of its products, Audimute hopes to solidify its position as the leader in environmentally conscious innovation. "Our commitment to environmental responsibility will continue to be strengthened as we find new avenues to promote green acoustic solutions for our clients," says Audimute founder Mitch Zlotnik.