Noise Reduction & Soundproofing for Ceilings
Acoustic Treatments for Ceilings
Soundproofing or reducing unwanted noise that bounces off a ceiling can be a complicated task. Chances are you’re seeking an acoustic ceiling treatment for one of the two following reasons - either you need to get rid of impact noise in the room above or you need to block sound from entering or exiting your space through the ceiling. Regardless of your need, there are a couple important decisions you’ll need to make before you begin.
Sound Quality vs. Noise
- Sound Quality- Audimute’s Acoustic Ceiling Clouds and Acoustic Ceiling Baffles are the perfect products for treating your ceiling when wall space is limited. Both products are used for any area that is experiencing excess noise and reverberation by helping to control the intensity of sound within the space. Ceiling Clouds help absorb sound waves as they are heading towards the ceiling and when they bounce back. They are great for treating isolated areas where clear sound is crucial. Acoustic Baffles reduce the sound pressure levels and create a fresh and colorful acoustical finish to your space. Acoustic Baffles are especially effective in large spaces with high ceilings.
- Impact noise - refers to noise caused by structural vibration or impact.
- Airborne noise – refers to all of the other noise you may encounter, whether it comes from your own room or the room above you. Airborne noise can be low, mid or high in pitch - your solution will depend on the frequency and location of the sound you’re looking to control. When it comes to stopping the airborne noise, we recommend speaking to an Acoustic Specialist for free sound advice.
Reduce Sound from Metal Roofs or Sound Bouncing Off Ceilings
Sound absorption solutions will help to reduce sound heard from metal roofs and improve sound quality in a room.
- Acoustic Ceiling Baffles offer high sound absorbing materials with an NRC rating of 0.95, are eco-friendly, composed of recycled cotton and cellulose and are handcrafted in the USA.
- Acoustic Ceiling Clouds are a great sound absorption solution for ceiling treatment. Ceiling Clouds have an NRC rating of 0.95, are class A fire rated, and have a durable fabric coverage.
- Acoustic Ceiling Tiles are sound absorption products that can be mounted directly to a ceiling or installed in a drop ceiling. The Tiles have an NRC rating of 0.95, are coated in your choice of color, and are class A fire rated.
There’s no need to over purchase material if your problem can be solved with less product! Call one of our Acoustic Specialists at 1-866-505-MUTE, chat with us, or fill out our Free Room Analysis Form if you have any questions or would like to receive free acoustic advice.